By: Rubel Zaman
Your child’s first birthday is a landmark date, not only are they changing from baby to toddler, but it is the first anniversary of their birth. Such a date should be marked accordingly, it will be more important to you than your child, but is a time to be cherished.
Party – When you decide to have a party, you have to choose what kind of party it will be. There are many options to choose from, including a special family dinner at home, a tea party for your baby’s ‘friends’ (probably other parent’s that you have met at pre and ante natal classes) or going somewhere with other parents and family members such as a soft play centre.
Whichever option you decide ensure that you send informative colourful invitations to any guests along with RSVP details, ensuring that you are aware of any allergies that anyone may have.
A birthday cake with candles is a great idea and will look amazing on a photograph in years to come. These can be specially baked or bought at the supermarket.
Balloons and decorations will ensure that the venue it looks like a child’s celebration, and your baby and other children will be mesmerised by them.
Gifts – Baby Gifts can be extremely difficult to buy. Baby does not yet have a preference as to what he/ she would like. But special and memorable presents can be bought. If anyone asks you, what they can buy your child for their 1st, and very special, birthday, options include:
• Jewellery – This tends to be bought by those who are close to you, bracelets
and necklaces make beautiful keepsakes even if they can’t be worn immediately.
• Clothing – As your child is at a stage where they will be growing very quickly you will probably be grateful of any baby clothes that are bought. Clothing may not keep forever, but if it is something special it can be passed on to siblings. There are some beautiful children’s clothes, often wonderfully gift-packed and these make pretty gifts. Ordering clothes online is a great idea. You may want to buy organic baby clothes, or something that is made from a soft but unusual material such as bamboo for your baby to wear on this special day.
• Books – Good quality books will always be treasured. Choose something with longevity such as an encyclopaedia, old classics such as Fairy Tales or contemporary favourite’s such as Allan and Janet Ahlberg’s, The Jolly Postman.
• Ornaments – Keepsake ornaments such as a beautiful mobile look impressive anyone, babies love to watch them and they can be kept for future brothers or sisters. This is also true of a nursery clock. If someone chooses to buy your baby a money box or piggy bank for savings they should ensure some money is inside – just for luck.
• Toys – There are a number of beautiful handmade toys and educational toys to be bought. The former, such as dolls houses and wooden farm sets can be treasured for life; the latter can be played with to assist baby’s development.
So after all of the preparation ensure that your child has a wonderful time. And most importantly don’t forget the camera because the day is sure to bring some memories that you will treasure forever.
Bamboo Baby are a company dedicated to providing environmentally sound and baby skin friendly baby clothes organically produced for babies and toddlers.